The Institute for Entrepreneurial Excellence's Urban Entrepreneurship Program is designed to promote the establishment, growth and long-term success of small businesses in our inner city neighborhoods. We host conferences, workshops and seminars, arrange one-on-one consulting and mentoring, and offer a nine-month certificate program called Urban Power to ProsperSM.
For more information, please contact Rhonda Carson Leach at (412)624-2326 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Urban Power to ProsperSM
This 9-month certificate program covers a range of topics including access to capital, financial management, strategic planning, sales strategies, access to new markets, and managing human resources.
Ideal for small business owners who:
- Are located in an inner city neighborhood in Pittsburgh
- Have been in business a minimum of three years
- Have full-time employees other than themselves
- Generate at least $500,000 in revenue
Are looking for new ways to sustain and grow their businesses
Do you want to start your own business but do not know if it is right for you?
Have you dreamed of someday owning your own business? Do you have an idea for a business but do not know where to start?
The Urban Pioneers Program is designed to help you answer just these
questions. At this program, you will go through exercises designed to
help you determine if starting a business is right for you and how to
begin searching for the “right” business for you.
The First Step: Mechanics of Starting a Small Business (Special Evening Class)
Thinking of starting a small business?Not sure where to go for help?
The First Step is a comprehensive workshop that is designed for
anyone with a business idea but doesn’t know where to start. This is a
highly interactive session and will acquaint you with the steps
necessary to start your new enterprise.
- "Pitt program designed to give urban entrepreneurs the skills to succeed," Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, 11/13/12
- "Taking your business to the next level with Pitt's Urban Power to Prosper," KDKA Our Region's Business, 12/1/11
- "Taking off the start-up training wheels: Keeping the momentum as your business matures," American Entrepreneur Radio, 11/15/11
For more information, please contact Rhonda Carson Leach at email@example.com or 412-624-2326.
Underwriting graciously provided by: